Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Maze of Life

This maze I see before me a labyrinth of gold
Beautiful and holy but so lonely and cold
Each corner a new world so full of surprise
Another face, another idea, another disguise

For where hidden is this soul of mine
Creeping amidst another darkened vine
The shadows forlorn in a mist of haze
Never afar from its fixed and hardened gaze

Gliding and slithering like a lost snake
I will endure if only for heaven’s sake
Bellowing clouds sooth my constant unease
These hollow emotions distort me as they please

Yet a light I see not afar in the illuminating distance
All the while I feel this penetrating resistance
Calling, calling me to resurrect my waning humanity
Crying to preserve my slowly eroding sanctity

But alas the waves of despair begin to dissipate
I am closer to love and hence accepting my fate
For who am I to judge to where this journey will end
Thus I live this life for this life was my God send

No comments:

Post a Comment